July, 18th to 24th, 2023
I invite you to step into a 7 day new adventure !
I am offering a wonderful opportunity…. for you to spend 7 days getting to know Mary Magdalene, beloved disciple of Jesus, in a very personal way.
Come join us on Mary Magdalene July Festival. This will be a life experience to treasure….
Indeed, Mary Magdalene Provence Tour 2023 has been designed in order to :
– Join an intimate circle of pilgrims for a unique experience. It will be a sacred journey in the footsteps of Mary Magdalene in Provence.
– Discover the sites where she lived and preached with her companions.
– Discover the Sainte Baume forest and grotto. Then, visit the Basilica at Saint Maximin where is the skull of Mary Magdalene.
– Admire the splendid beauty of the Provencal landscapes.
– Finally, you will have a VIP privilege : Indeed, you will celebrate in a very special way the traditional festival of Saint Mary Magdalene, Patron Saint of Provence. The Association Santo Madaleno to which I belong for more than 40 years will be pleased to share with you very unique moments.That’s to say : Torchlight procession, official opening of Mary Magdalene celebrations, parades in traditional costumes, solemn mass of Sunday and procession, ascent to the cave on July 22nd …
To, finely, Live an extraordinary adventure of awakening, transformation and wonder.
The perfect blend of history, spirituality and Provençal culture all wrapped up in one package.
Mary Magdalene is, above all, the archetype of Everywoman.
Indeed, throughout the Gospels, we see her on her personal path, her becoming towards this initiate, this contemplative of which the Gospel of Mary speaks. Her itinerary is that of the feminine we find in each of us, a path to fulfillment. Her Christianity focused on contemplation and an intimate connection with the divine. But also, on the idea that we can find dignity and beauty in every human soul.
We will follow her itinerary in Provence. From Les Saintes Maries de la mer where she arrived to escape persecution in 47 AD to the grotto of the Sainte Baume mountain where she finished her life. At the same time, you could attend to the several traditional celebrations organized since 7 centuries in her honor. In conclusion, I invite you to meet the Apostle of Love, in her many faces, following her paths and those of her companions, through the wonderful scenery of Provence.
This Mary Magdalene Festival in Provence 2023 over the feast week is being offered to a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 14 persons on a first to reserve basis.